TOM KINGSTON INTERVIEW
1. How did you get into the sport?
I first started boxing for fitness with some friends and loved the competition and my love of Mma grew from there
2. What’s your favourite strike/submission to use in any fight?
I always build off my striking and options open up from there
3. Who is your biggest inspiration?
I’m inspired and motivated by the people around me and by people when they start Mma their enthusiasm is great
4. Which team are you training with in preparation for your BRACE 36 match up?
I’m lucky to have a great combination between Brotherhood Mma and Mid Coast Martial Arts. Between the two of them I am well looked after
5. Do you prefer to stand with your opponents or take them to the ground?
I’m happy to stand with anyone until they have enough of my stand up and then I’ll follow it to the ground
6. What does it mean (for you) to be a fighter?
It’s a way of life and a reason to train everyday. It’s the accumulation of hours training that no one sees or appreciates until fight night when it’s all worthwhile
7. Have you studied Theo Christakos’s fights and if so what holes do you see that you could capitalise on?
I focus more on improving myself and my preparation so on fight night I am ready to take on anyone and perform to my best potential. Theo looks like a skilful fighter so it will be exciting
8. What separates you from every other fighter in your division?
My fitness level and my work ethic inside the cage combined with my desire to win makes for a tough fighter to beat
9. If you could have one dream fight with anyone, who would it be?
Rather than fight I’d love to train with GSP.
10. How do you see yourself beating Theo Christakos?
I will set a pace that he will try to keep up with for as long as he can, until his will dies and I’ll take the win in whatever options he gives me
#BRACE36 Bigtop Luna Park Sydney – 19th SEPTEMBER 2015
TOM KINGSTON vs THEO CHRISTAKOS