JANAY HARDING INTERVIEW
1. How did you get into the sport?
I started off doing karate as a young teen then after achieving my black belt and competing in numerous tournaments I decided I wanted to find something possibly more challenging but still in the same line of combat sports. Then at 15 my mum was working around the corner from an MMA gym at the time and I haven’t left since.
2. What’s your favourite strike/submission to use in any fight?
My favourite strike would just be a simple right cross.
3. Who is your biggest inspiration?
I have many influences and inspirations in my life but one of my biggest would have to be my Mum, she’s always paved the way for me.
4. Which team are you training with in preparation for your BRACE 36 match up?
I have a tonne of talent to get me ready for BRACE 36 down at PUMMA including Tim Moore, Shannon Mcclellan and Reece Mclaren and much more.
5. Do you prefer to stand with your opponents or take them to the ground?
I’m definitely more known to stand and trade with my opponents as opposed to taking them down.
6. What does it mean (for you) to be a fighter?
I think fighting has so many different positive benefits for people and me personally it is my ‘happy place’. It is where I’m calm and have a clear head. Stepping in the cage or going to training has never felt uncomfortable and I have never finished a fight or a training session and not enjoyed it. It pushes you to limits other sports fail to reach and is challenging in so many ways but for me being a ‘fighter’ means living a lifestyle not many people are able to discover. Being able to do something I love every day.
7. Have you studied Jess Doueihi’s fights and if so what holes do you see that you could capitalise on?
I have watched footage of her last fight on the BRACE show and looked into her competition history and I’ve definitely seen some things I can work towards for this fight.
8. What separates you from every other fighter in your division?
I believe I have an unmatched hunger for success in this sport and that’s what motivates me. I whole heartedly want to make a career out of Mixed Martial Arts and I think that my drive is stronger than some of my other competitors.
9. If you could have one dream fight with anyone, who would it be?
My dream fight would be against Gina Carano, I think it would definitely be a stand up battle and a spectacle to watch.
10. How do you see yourself beating Jess Doueihi?
A fight is never something you can quite predict but I’d love to add another TKO/KO to my current wins.
#BRACE36 – JANAY HARDING vs JESS DOUEIHI
September 19th – Luna Park Sydney