DAMIEN BROWN INTERVIEW
1. How did you get into the sport?
I initially got back into the sport around the age of 24 for fitness again while I was in the Army. One thing led to another and my competitive side took over and I started fighting.
2. What’s your favourite strike/submission to use in any fight?
can’t give away all my secrets especially my favourite sub but let’s just say don’t leave your neck out there.
3. Who is your biggest inspiration?
Wounded soldiers are inspiring for me. My inspiration is not limited to an individual but more the courage and acts of those that are down and fight there way back up against adversity.
4. Which team are you training with in preparation for your next bout?
I’m training at Integrated MMA, Brisbane. I’ve been with them now for 5 years and wouldn’t go anywhere else.
5. Do you like to stand with your opponents or take them to the ground?
I have a striking background with 50% of my wins by Submissions so I’m happy for the fight to go anywhere.
6. What does it mean (for you) to be a fighter?
Being a fighter gives me a chance to constantly challenge myself in combat and inspire others who watch and may need it.
7. What holes do you see in Abel Brite’s game?
He’s obviously got a good ground game and he’s comfortable off his back. I’m happy with that I back myself anywhere. He’s on a nice little win streak but you can’t replace the experience of international level competition and I got plenty of that.
8. What separates you from every other fighter in your division?
Every fight I do something different and I can fight anywhere so they can take me down or keep it standing and I’m comfortable.
9. If you could have one dream fight with anyone, who would it be?
Nate Diaz. He’s brings it every time and he talks plenty of shit. Suits me because I’m a silent person who requires zero anger/hate to punch on and beating someone that talks shit and makes it a dog fight would be the most rewarding.
10. How do you see yourself beating Abel Brites ?
Well I guess it depends on where he takes the fight but I will beat him inside the distance. I’m done with decisions I’m fighting for the finish.
#BRACE36 – LUNA PARK SYDNEY – DAMIEN BROWN vs ABEL BRITES