BOWEN CORNISH INTERVIEW
1. How did you get into the sport
3 years I’ve been in the sport, I got into it because I was getting into trouble on the streets and thought I might as well get paid to do what I do for free
2. What’s your favourite strike/submission to use in any fight?
A clean leg kick
3. Who is your biggest inspiration?
4. Which team are you training with in preparation for your next bout?
Team Western Sydney Martial Arts
5. Do you like to stand with your opponents or take them to the ground?
I’m happy to go to ground or stand and bang, either is fun
6. What does it mean (for you) to be a fighter?
I was a fighter before MMA was cool win or loose I’ve come this far, I never intended to go anywhere with it its all just fun for me
7. What holes do you see in Mark Baskin’s game?
Mark is an all round class fighter I watched his fight with Cruz and seen he loves to wrestle I haven’t seen much striking on his behalf
8. What separates you from every other fighter in your division?
I’m fucking brutal, everyone seen me get hammered with that elbow from Anthony in my last BRACE fight in the first minute, you have to kill me to stop me
9. If you could have one dream fight with anyone, who would it be?
T.J Dillashaw of course
10. How do you see yourself beating Mark Baskin
I dont have a certain style or game I’ve only been training properly in the sport for about a year now so there are countless options hopefully a knock out would be nice but im not chasing it
#BRACE36 – Saturday 19th September – Bigtop Luna Park Sydney
Bowen Cornish vs Mark Baskin