INTERVIEW WITH BEN GAMES
1. How did you get into the sport?
I started training MMA with a friend who was keen to try it out. I went to that first class and have been hooked ever since.
2. What’s your favourite strike/submission to use in any fight?
I would say the mounted crucifix with ground and pound, this has been the way I have won a few of my fights now.
3. Who is your biggest inspiration?
My old man, he works harder then anyone I’ve ever known and he would do anything for anybody.
4. Which team are you training with in preparation for your next bout?
I am training with Magnus Martial Arts and Extreme Muay Thai.
5. Do you like to stand with your opponents or take them to the ground?
I like to feel my opponents out standing and when I see an opportunity for a takedown go for it and finish them with ground and pound.
6. What does it mean (for you) to be a fighter?
To me fighting is the ultimate test, I can’t explain the feeling you get when you are in the cage. I show respect and I enjoy being a true mixed martial artist.
7. What holes do you see in Ali Cevik’s game?
Ali is a good fighter all round, it will be a great fight.
8. What separates you from every other fighter in your division?
I work harder and I am training with a great team, together we make each other stronger.
9. If you could have one dream fight with anyone, who would it be?
I can’t say I have a “dream fight” I am always prepared to be matched with anyone that wants to fight me.
10. How do you see yourself beating Ali Cevik?
As I said before, Ali is a good fighter but I feel my experience out ways his. I will be winning this fight to get myself one step closer to that belt!