BEN ALLOWAY INTERVIEW
1. How did you get into the sport?
I was trying bjj to get back into shape for soccer and when I found out what MMA was I wanted to have a crack at it. 1 month later I had my first fight.
2. What’s your favourite strike/submission to use in any fight?
The front kick to the face is always a crowd pleaser
3. Who is your biggest inspiration?
My wife…. The things she has overcome professionally and personally makes her pretty awesome…. Plus she puts up with me on a daily basis and is still sane.
4. Which team are you training with in preparation for your BRACE 36 match up?
I’ve recently opened up my own facility at Varsity Lakes on the Gold Coast called BBA MMA Fitness Facility. We cater for every aspect of MMA and also have a full time Muay Thai camp there with Adrian Ormrod and his Southern Stars fighters. We have everything a fighter or the general fitness enthusiast needs under one roof.
5. Do you prefer to stand with your opponents or take them to the ground?
I like to think I’m well rounded and can fight anywhere it goes, the past has showed that the majority of my opponents look to take me down once I touch them with my hands or feet.
6. What does it mean (for you) to be a fighter?
Being a fighter is a constant learning curve on yourself.. You find out out what you truly are capable of achieving as well as what lengths you will go to in order to achieve your goals and dreams. For me it’s worth paying the price to find these things out.
7. Have you studied Rick Alchin’s fights and if so what holes do you see that you could capitalise on?
Haven’t seen to much of him. He’s a big guy and I believe a bjj brown belt, I have to beat him in the wrestling when he tries to take me down and my striking will take care of the rest.
8. What separates you from every other fighter in your division?
I’ve been to the top of the mountain, I made it there after only 2 1/2 years in the sport, now after 5+ years I’m more well rounded and a completely different fighter than I was in the UFC. I was suppose to be BRACE champion a few years back so now I get to make that happen by getting this W first.
9. If you could have one dream fight with anyone, who would it be?
It would be Frank Dux from his Blood Sport days…. He was one of the best
10. How do you see yourself beating Rick Alchin?
By being more dominant and making him fight where he doesn’t want to. I don’t see it going the distance but I do see it being a violent fight.
#BRACE 36 – ALLOWAY vs ALCHIN – SEP 19 – SYDNEY